Monday, January 12, 2015

First time going to Batam, Indonesia on a day shopping trip with my MRO colleagues

Hi all! This will be my second activity of the year (oh my God, it's still in January, by the way).

Saturday, 10 January 2015.

I have to admit, I did not go to anywhere in Indonesia yet, as I don't like to go there. Not only that, the currency conversion already scares me, as the digits are not in small form, but imagine S$1 is already equivalent to almost 10000 rupiah. So, you see the picture. I can go to Malaysia alone, but please, not Indonesia.

So, this is where we set our sail via cruise from HarbourFront Centre (formerly known as World Trade Centre), to Sekupang Ferry Terminal at Batam.
























I was happy when arrived at Batam, we were served as 'kings and queens' for the day, since there's already someone who welcomed us there. And. the best part is, no need to queue for the immigration at all.
So, we head down to the layer cake making session and also to a departmental store that sells different types of keropok.


After that visit, we were so hungry. So, we decided to have lunch at a Sundanese restaurant. The restaurant was more on 'al-fresco' dining.



We were so shocked to know that actually, our lunch was entirely rice that was rolled on a banana leaf, and the fragrance when open it up, the smell was fascinating. With also different types of soups and vegetables. Even, the 'sambal belacan' was a real kick. Then, we went to a shopping centre known as Nagoya Hill, and there is a hyeprmart called 'Hypermart'.













After that, we head down to Pasar Penuin. Famous for the dried stuffs, such as anchovies and also other stuffs. All the youngsters on this trip decided not to buy anything, as some of them brought a long list of dried goods.




Our last shopping centre, is at DC mall. More like a 'big space shopping centre'.





I was excited, yet also a little bit sad, as this would be the last trip with them. However, if they are going to Batam again, surely I'll follow them.

That's all.


No comments:

Post a Comment