Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014- A year that I will never forget.

Hi all! This is just my personal opinion and also the days that I have encountered in 2014.

2014 sees a lot of perspectives, the happy, the sad & the cheers plus also the joys that all humans went through. 2014 was a year filled with tragedy, taken from the missing airplane of Malaysia Airlines MH 370, plus also the accidental shot of MH 17 that struck the world into a shock in the modern history of aviation. Latest, the crash of QZ 8501, an Airasia flight that was bound to Singapore from Surabaya. These lives, innocent lives are hard to mention, but I believe God has its own plans, to determine why does it happen.

For my life, 2014 has been a good, sad, and also make into history. What was good, is my National Service term from May 2013 - August 2014. For the 8 months that I have been through as a soldier in Nee Soon Camp, it has been ups and downs. Ups for the bonding that I have made with my colleagues, and also establishing a network that I would simply never forget. Downs as sometimes, need to follow protocols and guidelines that every soldier needs to go through. The moment that I would never forget is when my status changed to Operationally Ready Date (ORD) on 22 August 2014. That was the moment when my pink Singapore IC was returned back to me. But, that also embark on my new journey after my Diploma, to find my 'desire' job.

On 22 September 2014, I started my new career path as a temporary administrative assistant at Medical Records Office (MRO), at National University Hospital (NUH). That, honestly speaking, was not my 'desire' job. However, times have changed, so just have to accept it. That was also a contract that was supposed to end by 14 December 2014. But, I have decided to extend my service until 9 January 2015. In between that period, I receive another offer from National Enviromental Agency (NEA) to work as a temporary environmental health officer. That would start soon, as I receive a confirmation call on 31 December 2014, that the job would start in a probably one or two weeks from today.

2014, I made a history, by appearing on local channel, Channel 5 & Suria from Singapore. It was partly a game show that I like to watch, which was 'We Are Singaporeans' season 3 & 'Kita Orang Singapura' season 2. Initially, I was very nervous, as I never see myself on TV before. But, it was just to appreciate and understanding how important the media industry and to know the backstage screens before making an appearance on TV.

I would just wish that 2015 will be a good year for me and the rest of the world. That's all for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment